We Build Affordable New Homes And Granny Flats In Newcastle & Central Coast
Explore our affordable range of floor plans or maybe design one yourself using our modular options.
Don’t see what you like? No worries! We can make any design you like with our expert team of draftsman!
The Central Coasts Most Affordable New Home Builder
New Home BuyersFor RetireesFor DownsizersFor InvestorsFor AirbnbA Personal RetreatA Better Life
Get a free personal consultation on building your new home
Herbert j Field ~ Director
Feel free to drop us a line:
Access the right information from the first call and find out exactly what you need to do when preparing to build your new home totally obligation free.
6 Reasons Why You Need To Consider Us:
Own it Sooner – Have More to Spare – Relax and Enjoy
We’ve Designed it That Way!
Thankfully, Grouse House, your best choice for a home builder in Newcastle, is dedicated to providing Australians with affordable, attractive, and environmentally-friendly homes. Our Granny Flats are perfect for first time home buyers, retirees, and even investors!
Whether you are wanting to downsize from your current home, looking for a space that is suitable for your growing family, or just starting out as an investor with little capital to spare, Grouse House has plenty of customizable home options to fit your individual needs.
Affordable Granny Flats built just the way you like it!
New Home BuyersFor RetireesFor DownsizersFor InvestorsFor AirbnbA Personal RetreatA Better Life
Our message is
No more guessing games!
- If you’ve got a little block of land somewhere it’s costing you money paying rates etc and earning you nothing!
- If you’ve got your savings in some bank or other you’re probably lucky to be earning 2% p.a with the risk of inflation depleting its value. You’re probably better off stashing it under your mattress!
- If you’ve got your money invested in the stock market you’ll probably be losing money at the moment; and feeling like you’re riding the Big Dipper at a Fun Fair!
- Or you could put a Grouse House or Granny Flat on your block of land and get way better return by either saving on rent payments or collecting rent payments!
Here’s how we can help you:
- We can provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION PLAN with your choice of materials and colours that will include all those little extras that are important to you.
- If you need finance we’ll help you with a NO OBLIGATION FINANCE PACKAGE with NO BROKERAGE FEES with an interest rate that’s aimed to please.
- We will build your new home with one of our specially qualified Grouse House Licensed Builders!
You will always be our first priority at Grouse House
When you choose Grouse House Homes, you can be certain that you will have a beautifully designed, spacious, quality, environmentally-friendly home at an incredibly affordable price. With economical down payments and small mortgage rates, Grouse House is dedicated to providing all Australians with the opportunity to be a homeowner, no matter what your financial limitations.
Not only do our homes have curb appeal, but unlike most modular homes, Grouse House Homes have character and tons of customizable options, ensuring your living space will perfectly suit your lifestyle. We are committed to ensuring new homeowners are 100% satisfied and will be there to help you every step of the way. From financing your new home to putting on the finishing touches, Grouse House Homes is here to help you.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started on the path to home ownership today is hassle-free. To begin, simply contact us by phone or through our online inquiry form and we will respond in 24 hours or less to schedule a free on-site inspection. A highly experienced member of the Grouse House team will visit your property to check for any potential council or site issues to ensure that the building process will be able to run smoothly.
After this initial inspection, you will receive a full breakdown and cost quote for building on the site, which will include the fees for any customization’s and additions you request. As soon as you accept the quote for your home design, and sign the pre-construction agreement, a design coordinator will be assigned to you to create a detailed home plan to your exact specifications.
Your personal design coordinator will assist you with every aspect of your new home, from the floorplan to the interior and exterior colors, to the finishing touches such as fittings and finishings. After you put down your construction deposit, submit the Home Owners Warranty Insurance, and sign the BC4 Master Builders Contract, you’ll be well on your way to owning your own home!
Grouse House will take care of filling out and submitting your building application to the local council or private certifier. Once you’ve paid your design deposit, you will be issued a start date for the construction of your home. Weather permitting, your new home will be ready to move into in a short 12 to 14 weeks! Before Grouse House’s job is done, you will do a walk-through of your new home with our directors who will ensure you are 100% satisfied with the construction and design elements; We will be more than happy to address any concerns you have.
Whether you are a first-time home buyer, retiree, or investor, you are sure to love the ease of comfort, affordability, and attractiveness that comes with your Grouse House Home. If you’ve ever dreamt of being a homeowner (and who hasn’t?), now is your opportunity to finally make your dream a reality.
Contact Grouse House today to learn what we can do to help get you into a home of your very own.
For countless Australians, home ownership is a life-long dream for many, but there is still hope to make those dreams come true:
Unfortunately, balancing a mortgage on top of managing the cost of living and paying off debt can make this dream seem impossible. In fact, in the 2018 Survey of Income and Housing, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) found that only 66% of Australians own their own home; This is the lowest rate of homeownership since the survey began in 1994, and it is predicted that the rate of homeownership will only continue to decline.
Furthermore, Grouse House will be there to help you every step of the way in your journey to homeownership. From financing to interior decorating, installing carpet, and even landscaping: We are here to assist you and ensure that the entire process is exciting and stress-free!
At Grouse House, we are dedicated to making the dream of new homeownership an affordable possibility for every Australian. Take a look at our modern, beautifully designed, spacious home options today, and begin to imagine owning one of your very own!
With their extreme affordability and our wonderful customization options, your dream home can finally become a reality!
The Benefits of Home Ownership
- For countless Australians, home-ownership is a life-long dream. Unfortunately, balancing a mortgage on top of managing the cost of living and paying off debt can make this dream seem impossible. In fact, in the 2018 Survey of Income and Housing, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) found that only 66% of Australians own their own home; This is the lowest rate of home-ownership since the survey began in 1994, and it is predicted that the rate of home-ownership will only continue to decline.
- Thankfully, Grouse House, your best choice for a home builder in Newcastle, is dedicated to providing Australians with affordable, attractive, and environmentally-friendly homes. Our Granny Flats are perfect for first time home buyers, retirees, and even investors! Whether you are wanting to downsize from your current home, looking for a space that is suitable for your growing family, or just starting out as an investor with little capital to spare, Grouse House has plenty of customizable home options to fit your individualized needs.
- Furthermore, Grouse House will be there to help you every step of the way in your journey to home-ownership. From financing to interior decorating, installing carpet, and even landscaping: We are here to assist you and ensure that the entire process is exciting and stress-free! At Grouse House, we are dedicated to making the dream of new home-ownership an affordable possibility for every Australian. Take a look at our modern, beautifully designed, spacious home options today, and begin to imagine owning one of your very own! With their extreme affordability and our wonderful customization options, your dream home can finally become a reality!
Investing Rather Than Paying
The reason why paying rent month after month is so frustrating is that you’re paying someone else’s mortgage rather than creating your own equity. Homeownership is more than the freedom that comes with owning your own home. It’s an investment opportunity that allows you to build equity in your home and property.
If you’re ready to take that step but don’t have a lot of money reserved for a down payment, take a look at Granny Flats. They are smaller, cost-effective, and efficient. All of that equates to a more modest down payment and lower mortgage payments.
Also, under certain circumstances, you may be able to finance the home separately from the property. Many families often split the financial responsibility that way, with multiple generations living in separate houses on the same land.
The Benefits of Home Ownership
- Owning a brand new, customized home comes with many great advantages. Having the ability to choose your home’s features ensures it will fit your individualized lifestyle and needs. Oftentimes, when buying an older home, it feels very much like you are being forced to select from a sea of options that are perfect for someone else, but not perfect for you– and that’s because you are! Why settle for someone else’s dream home when you can have one of your very own for an incredibly affordable rate?
- Home-ownership offers a deep sense of stability; The peace of mind that comes with knowing your residence is truly your own is absolutely priceless! You will never again have to worry about asking for permission to paint, replace appliances, or make additions to your garden! Grouse House offers tons of customizable options, but the customization doesn’t stop there. The sky is the limit when it comes to individualizing the home you own!
- Additionally, owning your own home has wonderful financial benefits including tax breaks for homeowners. Home-ownership, in the long run, is far more economical than renting. While costly down-payments, high mortgages, and hidden fees turn off many potential home buyers, you will not have to fret about any of that when you choose Grouse House as your home builder! Owning a home gives you the ability to build your own equity, instead of building someone else’s with your hard-earned money by choosing rentals.
- Home-ownership in Australia has fallen dramatically and it’s no wonder why; With the increased cost of living, home-ownership can often seem out-of-reach for many families and individuals. Unfortunately, the primary factor holding people back from buying a new home is not a lack of desire, but a lack of affordable options. Between daily expenses, paying off debt, and managing financial obligations, the thought of being responsible for also paying a mortgage can often seem incredibly overwhelming.
- Typically, buying a new home requires a 20% deposit upfront and is followed by hefty monthly mortgage payments. Not to mention, more often than not, a ton of hidden fees pop up, blindsiding new homeowners and straining their finances. However, Grouse House Homes is different; We make home-ownership affordable and attainable for millions of Australians, without cutting corners when it comes to superb quality and design.
Grouse House: The Solution to Affordable Home-ownership
- Grouse House has collaborated with architects and designers in order to design, copyright, and brand quality, attractive, low-cost homes that are fully customizable. Their unique modifiable facades will ensure your home has character, and a wide range of interior layouts and features gives you the ability to create a home that perfectly fits your lifestyle. These modular homes are a wonderful option for people of all ages and families of all sizes; Whether you are a retiree, a young person who has just completed college, a newlywed couple, or a growing family with children and pets, you are certain to find a Grouse House home that suits your every need!
- These custom designed homes are available in any size you desire, from a cozy 60 square meters to a spacious, 110 square meters, and can have up to 3-bedrooms! When you choose Grouse House, you can enjoy gourmet kitchens, luxury designer bathrooms, beautiful modern appliances, built-in wardrobes, landscaping options, and more!
- These attractive modular homes aren’t just economically friendly, they are environmentally friendly, as well. They are incredibly efficient and able to run on very little power, which will not only reduce your carbon footprint, it will also reduce your monthly bills! You can even choose from options such as reverse cycle air conditioning and solar panels with Grouse House.
- Grouse House Homes are a wonderful option for anyone seeking attractive and affordable housing that doesn’t compromise on quality or style. Let your individual personality and your home’s character shine through without sacrificing your savings. Stop dreaming about becoming a homeowner when you can easily make your dream a reality today at an incredibly affordable rate!
- Don’t let the name fool you! Granny flats aren’t just for retirees anymore! These smaller more economical homes which can be built as a secondary residence on a pre-existing property are the perfect solution for anyone looking for an affordable home-ownership option. Better yet, these homes provide a unique opportunity for multiple generations of family members to reside on the same land while retaining their individual privacy and independence.
- Not only are granny flats a wonderful option for retirees wanting to downsize their living space and spend more time with their loved ones, but they have also become increasingly popular among young couples and individuals wanting to acquire more savings and work towards paying off student loans. They are even the perfect cost-effective solution for families who need more space but do not want to go through the hassle and financial burden of selling their current home and buying a new one.
- If you own your own business, work from home, or are a craftsman in need of studio space, a granny flat may be just the thing for you! Alternatively, renting a granny flat is a wonderful way to create a flow of passive income while increasing your property value. The addition of a granny flat can raise your home value by 30%, and according to CoreLogic and Canstar, over half-a-million properties in Australia have enough space for the addition of one!
- With lowered restrictions on state legislation, it is now easier than ever to build this form of environmentally sustainable, multi-family housing on your property; Why not take advantage of this unique and affordable opportunity? Simply contact your local council to revive guidelines on building a granny flat on your property. At Grouse House, we have the best granny flat builders on the Central Coast; They are familiar with local legislation concerning these structures and will ensure to work within your state’s guidelines when building your lovely new granny flat.
First Home Buyers
Today, two million Australians live alone; While these individuals may long to own a home of their own, this goal can often seem unobtainable on a single income. Luckily, Grouse House’s low-cost options make home ownership a possibility for people on a budget. Best of all, Grouse House is committed to helping you every step of the way in order to provide you with a stress-free experience.
Often times, new home buyers are unaware of all the unexpected costs that can pop up during the building process. With Grouse House, there are no surprise fees; We will be upfront about the cost of your new home at the initial no-obligation consultation.
The down payment for our attractive, customizable modular homes is much more affordable required by most home builders due to our low entry prices. This, in addition to our small mortgage fees offered by our associated mortgage brokers, can make home ownership a reality for you!
And because these smaller homes are able to operate on little power, you can expect minimal monthly utility payments, helping you to save even more!
Unfortunately, many families are forced to sell their homes when faced with financial hardship due to an unexpected downsize in income; This can be caused by divorce, a layoff, medical expenses, or another unforeseen emergency, Even in a steady economy, unemployment is an issue which many Australians face; According to Statista, unemployment was at 5.14% in 2019. While this number had fallen to 5.11% in 2020, the unprecedented COVID crisis has left many out of work, and worried about the uncertainty of their future.
Selling your home and moving into one of our granny flats is an excellent way to gain some savings and prepare yourself and your loved ones for the rough road ahead. Granny flats are highly encouraged by the Australian government as a way to address the affordable housing crisis, and with many restrictions on their construction having recently been lifted by state legislature, it is now easier than ever to build this secondary residential structure on an existing property.
Under NSW law, the council cannot prevent a granny flat from being built on a site as a second dwelling as long as the primary dwelling does not occupy more than 50% of the site, making this an incredibly viable solution for hundreds of thousands of Australian families impacted by the COVID crisis or other financial hardships.
Many retirees will choose to downsize their homes in order to better suit their current lifestyle. This also allows them the ability to invest the proceeds gained from selling their previous home so they do not have to fret about finances during retirement, are able to leave behind a nest egg for their families, and might even be able to afford to travel the world! Smaller homes require less maintenance, making retirement a more laid back and relaxing experience.
In decades past, the majority of retirees chose to spend their Golden Years in a retirement village, however, these living facilities can come with many restrictions for residents, limiting their freedom to come and go as they please. This is one of the many reasons why granny flats have recently become such a desirable alternative! Additionally, because these homes are able to be financed separately from the property that they occupy, they can be built right on your child’s property, allowing you to spend more time with your loved ones.
When you move into a granny flat, you’ll be able to retain your independence while never missing a moment of your grandchildren’s childhood! Spend quality time with your family; Enjoy holidays together, or even regular family meals! Just like you worried about your children after they flew the coop, your children undoubtedly worry about their parents staying on their own in their retirement. You can put their minds at ease without sacrificing your freedom with one of Grouse House’s customizable, attractive granny flats.
Granny Flats make the perfect investment properties, especially for new investors who do not have a lot of capital. These are incredibly desirable homes for renters and with the majority of Australians choosing rental properties over home ownership, you’re sure to have no trouble finding reliable long-term tenants for a Grouse House granny flat! These homes are an incredibly wise investment choice, whether you are hoping to gain a passive income from local renters, or are hoping to cash in on the ever-increasing popularity of Airbnb.
Airbnb has become the first choice among travelers due to its affordability, which is the current preference over hotels and other accommodations. Australia is an incredibly popular destination for tourists all over the world who want to experience all of the beauty and thrills our vibrant nation has to offer! In 2019 alone, 4.9 million people booked stays in regional Australia; These Airbnb properties do particularly well in areas that are sparse with hotels. However, no matter where you build your Grouse House granny flat, you can be sure to expect hoards of Airbnb guests wanting to book with you!
Great Home - Great Looks 👍
Great for Grannies and First Home buyers!
Single people love it & so do couples just starting out!
Registered Brand ™
The Grouse is a nesting bird so our registered trademark is only used on environmentally friendly homes of a superior quality and design!
Better built for Australian conditions.
COPYRIGHTED space optimizing design.
Original Designs ©
Giving buyers the OPTION of changing the designs exterior/interior to reflect their personality with a wide range of fixtures and finishes.